Upcoming Events!

November 22nd - Thanksgiving
December 8th - Christmas Party!
December 18th - Dad's Birthday
December 25th - Christmas
December 18th - New Year's Eve

Friday, September 25, 2009

Wicked

I forgot to blog about our little day trip to San Francisco! Two weekends ago Ryan, Tammy and I went to San Francisco to see the broadway musical Wicked. It is described as the "untold story of the witches of Oz". It was really good! I didn't grow up seeing musicals, and I still don't like watching musical movies, but I enjoyed Wicked very much. They kind of portray the wicked witch of the west and GOOD, and Glenda as sort of mean/stuck up. It starts from school age - like maybe highschool age, until their "current" adult age. The girl who played the green witch was the main girls understudy, but you never would have known it! I wouldn't have realized that if we hadn't read the insert in the brochure. She was a very good singer. She was a bit of an "over actor" when she wasn't singing but I think that's how broadway is supposed to be. It didn't bother me too much. She was REALLY good. Glinda was WAY funny and I liked her big, beautiful dress at the beginning and end, too.

After the play we took the bart back to the Concord area where we started and went to dinner at Black Angus steakhouse. It was REALLY good and we were dang hungry because we didn't grab lunch before the play. eek!

Anyway, it was the day after Tammy's birthday, and her friend Debbie had the restaurant people sing her a birthday song which she HATES. But, we did get a free delish dessert which was amazing. I hope she had a good time - I think she did. It was a long trip for one day but we had a BLAST! :) I didn't get any pictures, but Tammy wouldn't have allowed me to get any of her anyway. wink

No comments:

Post a Comment