Upcoming Events!

November 22nd - Thanksgiving
December 8th - Christmas Party!
December 18th - Dad's Birthday
December 25th - Christmas
December 18th - New Year's Eve

Monday, February 22, 2010

Anniversary

Last Friday, Feb 19th, was our 4 year anniversary! I can't believe it's already been 4 years. I just know I'm going to feel the same way when it's like our 25th. We didn't take a trip or anything but we still had a wonderful time celebrating together.

We decided to keep it pretty simple. I told Ryan I'd get him candy if he got me flowers. :) Flowers are my FAVORITE! He got me beautiful orangey roses and made sure to get the kind that fade from light to dark because he knows I think those kind are pretty. They are beautiful!


I decided earlier in the week that I was going to take a vacation day keep it a secret from Ryan so that I could stay home and clean the whole house as a surprise for him! When he got home I was upstairs and he brought my roses up there. He was surprised and happy that I took time to clean (yay!) I was majorly excited about my beautiful roses, too. I got him his fav - reese's PB cups I even got them in a heart-shaped box since our anniversary is only 5 days after Valentine's day.

We went to Christian Michael's for sort of an early dinner. It was the first time we had been there. They have pretty good food and a nice atmosphere. I got the bacon wrapped meatloaf which was something that Ryan's boss suggested or else I probably would've tried something else. Ryan ordered ribs. I also got a lemondrop. :) Yum! Afterward, we planned to see a movie but we had a little bit of time to kill. We were about 3 blocks from work, and Ryan hadn't seen our new office yet (except for pictures), so I dragged him over there to show him. It was a nice little walk and the weather was nice, too, which was great because I thought it was supposed to rain that day. Plus, we had a minute to burn off (2 bites of) our food. We still had a little bit of time to kill before our movie so we drove over to baskins after our food settled a little bit and got ice cream. After that we got to the movies in time to get the row that's right behind that bar thingie which is great because you can rest our feet on it and no one sits directly in front of you and makes you move your feet. We saw Valentine's Day and it was pretty cute! Probably not Ryan's favorite type of movie but I think the big cast (including his girlfriend Jessica Alba) was at least a little bit appealing to him. I thought it was a cute movie and I had a great time with my sweet husband. :)

Afterward, we returned home to a CLEAN house and we were able to relax on the couch for a little bit and talk and watch TV together before we went to bed. It was such a great night! Ryan is my best friend in the whole world. I love spending time with him even if we're not really doing anything. I'm am so proud to be his wife. He cares deeply for me and he makes sure to show me how much he loves me every day. He's affectionate and sweet. He's worked hard to move up at work and show his "skillz" and provide for us. I am so thankful each night to have him next to me, and in the morning to wake up next to him and wish him a great day at work. I love coming home to him - even if I have to cook him dinner! :) I love to hear about his day and his goals and accomplishments. I love to make him happy. I love to tell him what a great husband he is. Our 4 years together so far have been GREAT and I can't wait for more and more years together.

No comments:

Post a Comment