Upcoming Events!

November 22nd - Thanksgiving
December 8th - Christmas Party!
December 18th - Dad's Birthday
December 25th - Christmas
December 18th - New Year's Eve

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Long Weekend

We have a 3-day weekend for Memorial day. Wheeee! :) It's already been fun so far. My boss was gone yesterday (Friday). Today (Saturday) was Joey's first birthday party! I had such a great time watching his cute little self walk around, open presents, and eat his cute cake! I'm sure Nae will be posting pictures soon. He is suuuuch a sweetie. He stared at Daddy the whole time that we sang Happy Birthday, and he just looked like a little angel. I gave him about 100 kisses before we left. He had little sugary "buttons" on his cake, and I stuck one to his nose with frosting. He looked sooooo adorable. He didn't even know it was there. :) I love that little guy. James was happy to help him open his presents (I think he thought it was his birthday again a couple of times!) :) I can't believe Joey is already ONE! It seems like only about 3 months ago or so that we were at the hospital watching him come into this world. Stop growing up so fast, Joey-pie!

Today after the party Ryan and I went to the batting cages at the mini-golf place. I've only done it one time. This time I did 4 coins-worth which was like 60 pitches. eek! My first round (15 pitches) I did pretty good, but by the 4th round I was SO tired. I probably only hit like 3 of them. *SIGH* It was still fun though! Ryan did the fast pitches, too and he is good! I would probably scream every time because they are REALLY fast. When they hit the back board it sounds like a gun going off.

We're still waiting on the bank to do the underwriting for our loan and everything. I'm guessing we'll close probably mid-week on the week of the 6th - 12th. But that's just a guess. Hopefully for sure by that weekend. We have an extension in until the 18th but they don't expect it to take that long... that was just a safety net. I went to World Market to look for a present for a friend, and also to check out the wine selection because I want to get our realtor a little gift for when we close. Since I know basically NOTHING about wine, I was kinda just going by the picture on the front. I found one with a good picture and picked it up to put in my basket. I then realized that the name of it was Menage a Trois. Uhhhh. Yeah. I decided to put it back. I don't want to send the wrong message! YIKES! That would be an awkward gift.

Ya gotta check out this blog someday. http://audreycaroline.blogspot.com/2010/05/sweet-charlotte-girl.html (Start from the beginning to see her whole story. This is her latest post though.
She also wrote this book: http://www.amazon.com/Will-Carry-You-Sacred-Dance/dp/080546428X

No comments:

Post a Comment