Upcoming Events!

November 22nd - Thanksgiving
December 8th - Christmas Party!
December 18th - Dad's Birthday
December 25th - Christmas
December 18th - New Year's Eve

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Baby Shower

Lynae (with the help of some wonderful friends) threw me and Emilee an AMAZING baby shower last weekend!!! It was so beautifully decorated and well thought out. It was a really special blessing. A bunch of special ladies were able to come and they really did shower (DOWNPOUR) me in love and gifts. I got all sorts of things from my registry and cute little clothes and accessories. I really didn't expect to get pretty much everything I had hoped for. I know that means that people spent generously on the individual gifts AND group gifts. I just feel overwhelmingly BLESSED by my friends and family.



I was missing Carrisa a lot that day, just because if she were still here she would've been a huge part of the party & planning. I just missed her a lot that day. When I saw how Lynae went all out on making the party and decorations so perfect, it made it almost feel like Carrisa was a part of it. Carrisa's sister Danae showed up early (by accident, actually) and was able to put her own special touch on everything, too. Carrisa's family sent me some gifts since they weren't in the area. I also got a few dresses that belonged to Norah (including her totally CUTE pink princess dress), and a special quilt from Meghan that had pieces of fabric from different things, some that Carrisa has picked out for other projects. It was just nice that she wasn't forgotten by others that day, because she was definitely on my mind!



Here are a few pictures. Enjoy!































Not for long, cutie-pie! ;-) (wink!)


Afterwards, the ladies from my family stayed and the men joined us and we celebrated my mom's 50th birthday together. It was so nice of her to let me "steal" her birthday weekend away. I felt so appreciative that day for the wonderful mommies I have in my life that have been wonderful examples to me - my mom, my sister, Ryan's mom Tammy, and my grandma Audrey too. I hope I can be a great mommy to Emilee. I can't wait to meet her. LESS THAN 6 WEEKS LEFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment