Upcoming Events!

November 22nd - Thanksgiving
December 8th - Christmas Party!
December 18th - Dad's Birthday
December 25th - Christmas
December 18th - New Year's Eve

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

My house wishlist

These are things I'd love to save up for if we stay in our house a long time. This might take years and years, or not happen at all, but it is just fun for me to think about. I'm totally thankful and happy with what we have now. Thank you, Lord, for a roof over my head, lots off space, an air conditioner and heater, a warm bed, and my two best friends who live in my house with me! :)

-Solar panels!  I have NO idea how much these cost, but I've heard how effective they are at lowering bills. We like to stay comfy so we run our heater or air conditioner depending on the weather, so our PG&E bills are pretty high sometimes (especially in the HOT Chico summer!)  It'd be awesome to have solar panels someday, but I'm probably dreamin'.

-New carpet

-Wood or tile floors in our kitchen instead of old linoleum that is lifting up at the seams!

-tile floors in the bathrooms

-NEW SHOWERS. Right now they are just that fiberglass(?) ugliness. The floor of our master bath shower is stained and disgusting! I keep trying to clean it and scrub it and use all kinds of hardcore chemicals on it and NOTHING works! I'd love to have it redone someday. I couldn't possibly imagine being able to sell our house once a buyer sees that nasty looking shower! This is at the TOP of my list, besides maybe the linoleum. 

- new sink in the kitchen. Ours is metal and I can never get it clean.

- screen door to back yard. (I know, silly, but whatever. it still makes my "wish list").

- restain all cabinets (kichen/bathroom) to a different color. Right now they are kind of a reddish-brown, and I prefer a darker brown, or at least just a regular brown and not red-brown.

- have ALL lights have a dimmer feature, and a better looking light fixture in the kitchen.

- take out most of the plants in our back yard and rip up the lawn and replace it with sod. Right now it's patchy and bumpy and the "lawn" looks tiny because there are too many plants back there. I'd also love to either pour concrete or put down rocks/bark along the sides of our house so that it doesn't get overgrown.

- speaking of yard stuff, it would be cool to have different flowers in our front yard. But something that is still easy to take care of.

- make our back living room area into Emilee's play room. This would be easy to do with a little bit of decor and someday a little play kitchen. I can't wait to get her a play kitchen for christmas someday! 

- The outside of our house is an ugly color, too. PAINT!

-Paint the main bathroom light blue

-New light fixtures and mirrors in the bathroom

-New furniture! :) Our couch is falling apart! 


I'm sure I could think of more if I really started dreaming! haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment