Upcoming Events!

November 22nd - Thanksgiving
December 8th - Christmas Party!
December 18th - Dad's Birthday
December 25th - Christmas
December 18th - New Year's Eve

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Been a while...

Why has it been almost 2 weeks since I posted last? Because our computer has been broken. I was slow about getting it fixed 1, because I'm a bit lazy and 2, because of the whole makeshift Lent thingie I talked about before. :) Also, I've actually been WORKING at work instead of pretending. :) Tee Hee! Well, it turns out that our computer's motherboard CRASHED and the dude told me it'd be just as much to fix it as it would be to get a new computer, almost. So it was worth just buying a new computer. So, we did. We got it last night. And it's nice to have one at home again. The good news is that our hard-drive is fine so we can still get our files off of it and transfer them over to our new computer. Robin's husby Dave is probably going to do that for us, and in exchange he wants our computer for parts and what-not. Fine by me. I wasn't sure how to dispose of it properly anyway. He's a computer-dude so it's a good swap. :)

Anyway, an update about James while I'm thinking about it.

He's doing good! The surgery took a couple hours and they were able to drain and remove the cyst and put his spinal cord & stuff back where it belongs. In the process they had to move/remove 2 bones which is making his recovery time longer... it was going to be 1 - 2 weeks and now it's going to be about 6 weeks. Josiah is due about 7 weeks from when James' recovery time started. So, one week later in other words. CRAZZZYYY! I dunno how she does it! (Nae). We visited him a day after the surgery. He was all groggy and out of it in the morning, but by the end of the day he was almost back to his normal lil self. :) It was cool to see him get better as the day progressed. His temp went down, he ate a little, they took him off his oxygen, they changed him from vicodin to tylenol with codine, etc. We were also able to give him little elmo presents and the ELMO themed easter basket!!!





















Here's some pics of little Jamesie in the hospital:













And his recovery at home (watching movies and relaxing!)













Anyway. My new favorite time waster is nataliedee.com. It's kinda a sister site to Toothpastefordinner.com which is another one of my favs. Turns out, Natalie and the dude who does toothpastefordinner are married. :)

Anyway, she's reallllyyy weird and funny, but also some of her stuff REALLY pertains to my life. :)

Uhhh, like this one perhaps???















Babies ARE everywhere! Well, babies and baby fetus's. haha. So, list of those that I know who are preggooo OR just had a baby within the last few months...

Ashley (Lucy born in Dec. '08), Lynae, Carrisa, Sara, Erika, Teryn, Nae's friend Allison from Jr High/High school, Dustin's sister, one of Carla's bridesmaids, a couple of work folks or their spouses... I know I'm forgetting like 100 more people. HAHAHA! But yes, they are EVERYWHERE!!!!!!

Another one I LOVE, entitled "Why I hate Cats"


My faves are "they kill babies" and "floppy". BAHAHAHA!!!!
There are couple more on my myspace if you wanna check it out, or just go to nataliedee.com. IT'S FUNNY. Toothpastefordinner.com is awesome, too, and I think it's a little cleaner. But yeah, she's like me in the fact that she hates cats, she begs her husband for puppies, she brushes her teeth for a long time, she hates cats, she has a sweet tooth, ummmm... and so on. :)
I'm contemplating calling in sick tomorrow. We'll see how I feel. I want/need a day off and I've been pretty sore/tired in the morning since about sunday morning. I've been assembling/building some shelves and stuff, and painting, so it's taken a bit of a toll on me.
Anyway. It's bed time! Nighty night!
-Lynds
PS. "Dunbar" is a DUMB name. are you serious? DUMB-bar. BAHAHA!

No comments:

Post a Comment