Upcoming Events!

November 22nd - Thanksgiving
December 8th - Christmas Party!
December 18th - Dad's Birthday
December 25th - Christmas
December 18th - New Year's Eve

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

It's all out of our control. =)


Sounds SCARY, huh? But it's actually pretty NICE to know that someone better equipt than ME to handle my life is handling it. Yes, that would be GOD. haha. I don't know what the heck my life would be like if I were the one in charge. :) Now THAT'S what's scary.


Anyway, I giggled to myself when I finally realized something this morning. Our computer has been OOO (out of order) for about a week or so now. We constantly have issues with the cord which I think we're a little too rough on. It gets all loose and retarded and ends up not doing it's job (which is to keep our comptuer charged and keep our battery from dying). I'm pretty much addicted to brainlessly browsin' the ol' net every evening while Ryan and I hang out and watch TV or whatever. So, needless to say, I haven't had access to my addiction of browsing amazon, ebay, etsy, myspace, etc for hours every night for the last several nights since our battery pooped out.


Now, before Lent started I knew it was coming up and I knew I wanted to actually participate this year and find something to abstain from. I had a few ideas... I wanted it to be something meaningful, obviously, and spend the time I'd normally spend doing the whatever, spending it with God and concentrating on my family/marriage instead. Whichever day it was on my mind, I remember not knowing exactly when Lent was beginning but I knew it was within a few days. Welllll, of course being the big slacker that I am, Lent had begun a few days later and I never came up with anything. For me to be successful with something I have to PLAN PLAN PLAN or I'll just end up sweeping it under the rug. I thought to myself "Oh well, I never settled on anything to abstain from, so forget it... maybe next year". Little did I know, it was out of my hands and I would be giving up spending brainless time (and often money) on the internet each evening anyway.


Now, while I was thinking about this non-self-induced season of LENT that had been laid upon me apart from my OWN doing, it made me think of a conversation I had with Teryn last night at Lynae's shower.


You see, our husbands are very, very similar and have a lot of similar interests. (They'd probably be pretty good pals if they didn't live several hundred miles away from each other). Sports, Magic cards, but most importantly... XBOX 360! These same things that our husbands LOVE, we have in turn learned to HATE because they take our hubands away from us, but anyway! Teryn said to me, with full understanding of what this entails, "I heard that Ryan got the RED RING OF DEATH!". I shall explain for those of you who have NOT yet been inflicted with this aforementioned matter of life and death (at least in the eyes of our husbands). Now, apparently when XBOX 360 first came out, they manufacturers opted to use a lower-quality peice of equipment in their system to save money but it ended up probably costing them more. What happens is, because of the inexpensive, low-quality part inside the Xbox OVERHEATS easily and sometimes it just makes the Xbox game freeze up. This in itself causes a mini-husband-fit, but it's usually not too bad. But SOMETIMES you get the RED RING OF DEATH! The system stops all together and shows a horrible red ring which meanssssssss.... MALFUNCTION'D! So, granted you have the warranty still (which was extended from 1 year to 3 years because of the cheap part) you then have to go to the website and wait for them to send you an empty box in the mail. Then, you pack your xbox into the box and send it in to the manufacturers. They take a few weeks to either fix your xbox or find a new one (or likely a refurbished one) to send back to you. The whole process takes usually about 6 weeks which, for gamer addicts such as mine and Teryn's husbands, is 6 long, dreary weeks of HELL. Now, you'd think that it would be the best thing that's ever happened to the wives of these husbands, right? WRONG! Because for us the (hopefully only) 6 weeks consist of whiney, mopey, bored, bummed out husbands who act like a beloved PET has just died, whom we must console.


Anyway, pretty weird that my obsession and Ryan's obsession have both been OOO at the same time, right before easter, for several weeks.... right? Nope, not weird at all. It's how it's supposed to be. I'm not complaining either.. (well, I am, but I've realized it's a blessing in disguise). It just so happens that when WE are unmotivated, slacking, not in control, GOD picks up the slack and takes the wheel for us. NICE! He takes our intentions.. you know, the ones we didn't follow through with... and follows through for us.


So what does this mean for Ryan and I? Well. I think it means we need to do what was first intended: To spend the time we WOULD be spending doing mindless things, to now spend that time on prayer, reading Gods word, showing love to each other, making plans to have God guide our future, etc. Note to self: tell Ryan of my revelation this evening. :)


Anyway, yesterday was nice. Besides getting to see Teryn for a while (who we don't see much because she lives in Oregon), it was also a GREAT time to celebrate the Condit family and ESPECIALLY the new little sweetie pie JOSIAH that will be here come the end of May. I got to give him lots of little cute outfits (among the other tons of cute outfits), a sweet little sailboat hat, and I also got to give Lynae what I've been impatiently holding on to for a few weeks now... I bought a necklace from Etsy that has two circular pendants. One of them says James and one says Josiah, and they each have their birthstone hanging in the center of the circle. It's SOOO CUTE and perfect! Let's just hope Josiah is actually born on or before his due date of May 30 so that the birthstone is correct. :) If not, we'll just get another jewel thingie. Anyway, I can't WAIT until he's here. I also got to see 3D ultrasound pics of Carrisa's sweetie, Norah, and it's gotten me really excited to see what her and little Josiah are going to look like. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHH!


Anyway, must return back to the real world. Ugh. If I can get a pic of the necklace I'll post it. :)


Here's the sailboat hat:









Now he just needs to get here so I can have a picture of him IN the cute sailboat hat!!!
Until next time........

No comments:

Post a Comment