Upcoming Events!

November 22nd - Thanksgiving
December 8th - Christmas Party!
December 18th - Dad's Birthday
December 25th - Christmas
December 18th - New Year's Eve

Thursday, April 9, 2009

My Boys

My little nephew Jamesie is getting surgery tomorrow. He's turning 3 in April, and so far during his little life he's had several surgerys and a LOT of doctors visits. He was born with Spina Bifida. He's a tough guy though so we know he'll make it out fine and probably recover quickly, too. I'm most likely going to visit him on Saturday with my parents and bring him an EASTER BASKET! I got him an ELMO (his fav) Easter basket and Elmo is wearing little bunny ears. I got him a cookie monster stuffed animal, a bubble toy, a coloring book, a slinky with the monkey from Dora, and some easter eggs filled with bunny shaped "fishy" crackers. I guess they're not called fishy crackers if they're bunnies, but whatever! Only a few fit in the eggs so I get to keep the rest of the bunnies, and they're quite delish! (They're from target if you want some, and the brand is "Annies" or something like that). Yummm! Anyway, I'm proud of Lynae and what a super-mommy she is. She's only a couple months away from bringing her newest addition, Josiah, into the world, and she's dealing with James' surgery and his recovery in the mean time. I'm very proud of her and she's been a great example of how if you lean on God and His strength, stuff that seems impossible is no longer impossible. Pretty awesome!

Anyway, I'm PUMPED because my Ryan has stepped up and worked very hard and now his bosses have recognized that and they've PROMOTED him to Assistant Supervisor! (No, not Assistant TO THE Supervisor for all of you Office fans). :) Anyway, I'm so very proud of him. He got a bit of a raise, a bonus and a few new responsibilities. For me, it's not so much about the money (even though that's pretty sweet!) but it's that they've recognized his efforts at work. I know he's been working hard and trying his best to show that he's a good worker and move up in the company so this is just another step. He's not too far away now from making DOUBLE what he made when he started there about 3+ years ago. I love him so much and I'm so thankful that I have a hard working husband. New shoes, here I come! haha. Just kidding (sorta). But maybe we should become more serious about seeing if we can afford to buy a house this year. You know, you can get a fat tax refund next year if you buy a house this year. I think it's worth us trying a little harder for.

I miss everyone, including Ryan. I know I see him more often than some wives see their husbands, but still, I'm not used to him being gone so much. He's been working overtime every day and on saturday. He just went to a Kings game the other night and he's playing magic all night tomorrow for Tones' bday celebration. And then when I have stuff going on it always seems to be on an opposite night as his busy nights. But that's okay. It will make our hearts grow fonder, right? :) Whatevs. I also miss my friends and family and I feel like I don't see them very much. I think we might have a girls night while the guys have a boys night. So that will be fun, and a good time to see everyone. And then I'll get to spend Saturday with my parents which will be nice. And maybe I'll finally get to see Ryan sometime next week. :) I'm also going to my cousin's tonight for a BBQ for her daughter who is turing 5. Wow, those 5 years went by FREAKIN FAST! Hailey is so cute and I like to see her with her little friends, and happy to get new toys and stuff, so tonight should be pretty fun. I got her some little stuff I found at target... a polly pocket doll, a princess coloring book with stickers, a bubble whistle... stuff like that. I wasn't sure what she wanted so I just had to wing it. But are 5 year olds that hard to please? I'd like to be 5 again sometimes.

Well, I better get going. It's 4:30 and the party is at 5:00 and I just might have to swing by Powells to find some fun candy for Hailey.

Here's a picture of my little James when he had to go into the hospital on his birthday. :( Poor little buddy! But he is so strong and really an inspiration to how we can bounce back from hard stuff like this and continue to enjoy life. Look how tiny he is next to the big ol' hospital bed!



No comments:

Post a Comment