Upcoming Events!

November 22nd - Thanksgiving
December 8th - Christmas Party!
December 18th - Dad's Birthday
December 25th - Christmas
December 18th - New Year's Eve

Monday, April 6, 2009

Random: Weekend, Showers, Headaches...

I woke up a bunch of times last night with a big fat HEADACHE! I managed to sleep probably a pretty good chunk of the night still, but it still sucked. When ryan left for work sometime in the 7:00 hour, I woke up and still had the headache. It seemed to be getting worse and I was SO scared that it was going to be a migraine! I've only had about.. hmm, probably 3 other migraines in my life but they're HORRIBLE and I knew if I had one I wouldn't even want to move or open my eyes long enough to call in sick. So Ryan brought me the phone in case I needed to call in. I went back to sleep for another hour and a half or so and the headache subsided to almost non-existent when I woke up. I was SOOO glad for obvious reasons. Ryan's such a sweetie and made sure I had what I needed. He also brought me my tennis ball which I use as a massager sometimes. I put it under certain parts of my neck to just put pressure on it. My headache is pretty much gone but lingering a little bit. It's more like soreness/tension in my neck & shoulders. Whatevs. I'm glad it's gone-ish. :)


Anyway, this weekend was fun. On Friday my boss asked me if I had any plans this weekend and I didn't really have much to say. I didn't mention Carrisa's baby shower mostly because when someone asks me what I'm doing on the weekend I mostly think about Saturday and forget about Sundays. But anyway, Ryan had to work again on Saturday (ugh, sucks! but the extra money is nice and we're thankful for that). And I got to sleep in. Later on I changed from pajamas into work-out clothes (not too different) and tried out the roller blades that Carrisa and I bought a few years back to lose weight before my wedding. Well, THAT never happened but I kept the roller blades around in case I'd ever use them again. I never bladed as a kid... I just used regular roller skates and I wasn't even too good at those either. So I'm pretty much a pathetic full grown woman-child (man-child sounds better, but I'm not a man) stumbling around on those stupid skates. I only tried for a little while and Ryan watched me through the kitchen window so that he could laugh at me and make sure I didn't fall and hurt my knees. Him watching me made it even worse! Luckily I only lasted a few mins. But I want to practice so that maybe in the mornings sometimes I can take a walk and sometimes I can blade around on my street to hopefully drop a few lbs. I'm by far the fattest/heaviest that I've ever been and it's starting to make me wanna barf when I look in the mirror. I have cute clothes buuut... they don't always look cute on this body. Even if i just lost one - two sizes I'd be happier and probably FEEL better.. although i could afford to lose like 3 - 4 sizes. :) Proooobably not going to happen unless I miraculously get better and then decide to be a runner or something.



Anywho. Tammy called me later that day and wanted to go to Roseville. We didn't leave Chico til about 2 or 2:30 so we got a later start but there was still plenty of time to shop. We're pretty good shopping buddies because we're both pretty flexible and neither of us like to spend TOOOOO crazy long at each store. But enough to find stuff we like and make sure we like it on. I probably spent the most time in Bare Escentuals. Tammy gave me one of her 10 dollar off coupons which means an eyeshadow would only be like 3 bucks. AWESOMENESS! So I spent several minutes in there trying almost every shadow out on my hand. I looked so purty! Haha. Just kidding. Tammy probably got bored after a while, but it's pretty fun to look at makeup no matter what. Plus, she got a free sample out of it. :) If she likes it she'll go back and buy it. I couldn't choose but i ended up narrowing it down to 3 colors and then to 1. I ended up getting one called "Hottie" (L) and we each got a sample of "Queen Phyllis" (R). Later we got dinner at On The Border which is a yumm-a-licious chain mexican food place. AMAZING dinner. I should've gotten a margarita to go with it. :) hmm, oh well.












The next day was SUNDAY and after church we went to help Carrisa set up for her baby shower. It was a lot of work but ended up looking REALLY cute. We made these big paper things out of tissue paper that looked like big flowers. Dark & light pink and white. They hung from the ceiling over each table. I was a brave girl and climbed the ladder to hang each of them. Danae was too much of a scaredy cat to do it. She stood on a CHAIR alone and had shakey legs! HAHA! So funny. So those were really pretty. You can see them in this pic:


And they decorated the table with pink & white table cloths with cute little pink floral and polka dot printed center pieces of fabric. Carrisa made a pretty cake and all of the gift wrap was way cute. It looked so good in there! Some of Carrisa's relatives came to visit for the shower and most of her friends were there too. It was great to have everyone there to support her and BABY NORAH! She got tons of cute stuff... including a few REALLY cute giraffe outfits that almost stole from her. I LOVE GIRAFFES! I don't have many shower pics but here's a couple of pics of Carrisa and Baby Norah :)




















Almost a week ago (last Tuesday) we had a shower for Lynae and Josiah, too. It was great! She had a great turn-out too. We had mock-tinis (basically frilly girly drinks without alcohol). There were too many pregnant ladies there to even HAVE alcohol! :) I also made chocolate covered strawberries which turned out realllyyyy delicious and everyone loved them! The cake was amazing, too, and all of the other goodies were great and went well together. She got lots of great stuff, too. I was most excited to give her a necklace that I bought on Etsy that has both James' and Josiah's names on it along with their birthstones.

Here's the Mommy Necklace I got for Nae...















And one of the tiny outfits I got for Josiah, which he might wear home from the hospital :) Also, a cute sailboat hat that I got from Etsy.






















And a pic of the delicious chocolate covered strawberries that I made. I'm so proud!
















Usually I hate shower games but we played a fun one at Nae's. :) We had to try to draw a side-view of her on a little piece of paper but we had to draw it on top of our heads so we couldn't see what we were doing at all! Then she picked her favorite. I didn't win, but here's mine...

















The face was SUPPOSED to be on Lynae's head, but I guess it ended up closer to Josiah's head. HAHAHA! The shower turned out great. I got to see Kristin, Seth's sister who I don't get to see too often, and Teryn, Nae's best friend from Oregon came to visit with her whole family. It was SO great to see them. And I guess James and her son Caden were little buddies the whole time they were here! SOOO CUTE! :)


Welllll, that's all for now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment