Upcoming Events!

November 22nd - Thanksgiving
December 8th - Christmas Party!
December 18th - Dad's Birthday
December 25th - Christmas
December 18th - New Year's Eve

Saturday, May 23, 2009

BABIES!

Ryan and I got home on Thursday from work and we were both really tired so we took a 1 hour nap. I felt like I could've stayed asleep but we wanted to limit ourselves to an hour because we didn't eat dinner yet and we wanted to be able to sleep that night. We got up and ate dinner around 7-ish. A while after dinner I was going to pop some popcorn because I had a Smart Ones for dinner and was still a little bit hungry. Plus, we were watching the premiere of So You Think You Can Dance so I wanted to make it into an "event". Haha! The premiere was from 8 - 10. As I was finding the popcorn in the cabinet the phone rang (at about 9:15-ish). Caller ID: SETH CONDIT!!! :) It was Lynae on the phone and she said that they were going to the hospital and that her water had just broke. She said that the contractions were really close so we should get there soon if we want to be there for the birth. AHHHH! I hung up the phone and did a little dance and squeeked the info at Ryan. We threw on our clothes (cuz we were in jammies by then), and drove to Paradise. I was really excited the whole way there. When we were about 3 miles away i suddenly got freaked out! We prayed that everything would go smoothly, and boy were our prayers answered.


When we got in there Lynae was dilated to 7 and it was about 10pm. Ryan and my dad ran out to the car to get the viacord kit (to bank Josiah's cord blood). They checked her again within 10 minutes and she was already dliated to 9.5! I wasn't sure that my dad and Ryan would be back in time so I called Ryan on his phone even though they were just out in the parking lot. They were just coming back into the building when I called. Within 10 minutes she was ready to push and her doctor still hadn't arrived! (she went from 7 - 10 in like 20 mins!). He arrived and checked her and put covers on his shoes and gloves on his hands. He didn't even have time to change into his scrubs!

The next 20 mins consisted of a lot of yucko details that I won't get into for your sake, but as soon as Josiah's little head popped out it was AM-A-ZING!!!! It instantly turned into a cry-fest. It's wierd... I don't know if this will make sense... But it's like, you don't think of a pregnant woman carrying a nice big BABY... you just see the bump... you know it's a baby... but you kind of have the sonogram image or something like that in your mind, you know? And then... it's a BABY!!!!! It was pretty crazy/exciting... all sorts of emotions! I just can't believe that in about 40 mins or so from when we got there, he was here!

Josiah Daniel Condit was born Thursday, May 21 at 10:37pm. He weighed 7lbs 9oz and he was 22 inches long. He's beautiful! See?




































We went home and got to bed about 1am. The next day I went to the hospital around 10 to see Josiah again and watch Jamesie meet him. They were sooo cute together! He gave him lots of kisses and asked questions about how he's not in mommy's tummy anymore. A few visitors came by then, like my grandparents and stuff. Carrisa stopped by because she had a doc appointment in Paradise and they sent her to the hospital for some tests/blood work. Later around 1-ish i went into work for a half day. I got a message later that I should call Carrisa. I called her and she told me that her blood pressure was super high so they decided to induce her! She seemed really nervous so I was a bit worried so I told her to just call me later when things start to happen. We went to Adam's graduation party, and I was there for an hour or so before they broke Carrisa's water so I headed over there. HOURS went by with nothing happening so I went back to the party around 10pm. At like 11:30-ish I left again to check in with Carrisa. There was still no progress so she said I should go home and check in with her the next day. Amelia and Trevor were with her all night. She delivered right before 4am (this morning), a beautiful little girl! Norah is a tiny 5 1/2 lbs and 20 inches long! Her nose and chin look exactly like Carrisa's! She's tiny and beautiful.

I can't believe my two best friends had babies soooooooo close together! I can't believe they're finally here! I LOVE THEM!!!!

I've gone to bed super late the last 2 nights and I've been back and forth to the hospital non-stop! (or at least it feels like it). This morning I got to meet Norah, and then I spent most of the day at Lynae's house holding and kissing Josiah. They are a beautiful family. :) But I'm TIRRRREEEDDD!

Here's a pic of Norah:
















I will post more pictures when I have them. :)

1 comment: