Upcoming Events!

November 22nd - Thanksgiving
December 8th - Christmas Party!
December 18th - Dad's Birthday
December 25th - Christmas
December 18th - New Year's Eve

Monday, May 18, 2009

Waitin' around

It's about 10:45 in the morning and I've been waiting for the maintenance guy to come fix our dishwasher. It broke a while back and the guy came and fixed it but then it pooped out again about a week and a half ago. Last week they gave me a call and scheduled an appointment for this morning anywhere between 9 and 11am. Now it's almost 11. :( I hope I didn't miss more than an hour of work for no reason, especially on a Monday. I wish he'd come right NOW!

Speaking of waiting, we've been waiting for Nae's baby Josiah to get here. I want to meet him NOW! And I know she's even more excited than I am and can't WAIT for him to come. Not only to meet him, but to also get him OUT of her body! Seriously though, I can't wait.

I always feel like I'm WAITING for something. Once we get a house, once we have kids, once I get better, once Ryan makes X dollars an hour, once this and that and this... THEN we'll be happy. RIGHT? Once one thing happens, we're not satisfied because we're looking for the next thing to happen. My focus needs to be on WAITING for Heaven. I need to realize that when this world feels like "hell" that it's really just the path I need to take until we go home. I need to realize that it's a blessing when I go through trials because I'm learning and GROWING and preparing to be more God-like.

The maintenance guy is here! He's checking out the dishwasher. He said the warranty is up but the warranty for the PART we need might not be up so he's going to make some phone calls. Either way I don't believe we'll have to pay for it since our landlord is the one who will probably deal with that.

Anyway, I should probably go since he'll hopefully be done soon and then I'll have to leave for work right away since it's pretty much 11:00 now. I have to do a training later today and I'm SO NERVOUS! I think it will go pretty smoothly but I still HAAAATTTEEE leading anything basically. :) Geeze, I need to grow up. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment