Upcoming Events!

November 22nd - Thanksgiving
December 8th - Christmas Party!
December 18th - Dad's Birthday
December 25th - Christmas
December 18th - New Year's Eve

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Mini Golf & 4th of July

Yesterday Ryan and I went miniature golfing at the ol' Chico Funland. Hahaha! I slept in way too long, and then we decided we were quite hungry so that's the first thing we did - get food. We went to Quiznos (and although I wanted to have a picnic, Ryan doesn't like picnics so we didn't go) :( After lunch we got some ice cream from Ben & Jerry's and headed across town to play miniature golf. A bunch of kids were only one hole in front of us, so we decided to play the 2nd half first and the 1st half second. Turns out we TIED the first half and then Ryan beat me by like 8 points. :( The last 3 holes took me 5 strokes and only took him 1 or 2. :( But I was doing better the 1st (er, technically 2nd) half than I thought I would so I'm still proud of myself. I guess I just got tired. Haha. They also have a batting cage at Funland so Ryan wanted to bat. He got 4 coins which give you 15 pitches per coin. I've kind of always wanted to try it but I haven't hit a ball since they made is in like Jr. High PE class or something. Ryan did the first 15 balls so I asked him if I could use the next coin. I did much better than I thought! I think I hit every ball except for 2 or 3! My arm is sore though, sadly... from only 15 swings. We had tons of fun and got really sweaty!





















Today we went over to my grandmas house to celebrate the 4th of July. We went swimming and sat around the pool from 1:00 til about 6-ish, maybe. Then we ordered a pizza, hung out, and went home. I got to hold Josiah for a little while. I also got to swim around with Jamesie for a while and play "superman" with him. He's so cute and says tons of cute little phrases. I love him! Last time Ryan swam over at Grandma's (while we were in Roseville), he and Seth made up a game, so this time me, Ry, and Nae played it. It was fun but made me TIRED! I also got a super bad sunburn (and so did Ryan, and Nae's shoulders looked pink, too). Anyway, the game basically goes like this: One of us stands on the diving board with one ball and 4 pool rings. about 12 feet away the other two players stand on either side of a bucket (or in this case, James' floaty tube). You get one free shot to throw the ball into the center of the floaty. Then you try to toss each of the 4 rings into the center of the floaty, but when you throw the rings, the other two players try to either block them from going in with those water noodles or catch the ring ON the noodle. You get a point anytime you make a ball or ring into the bucket/floaty or when you catch a ring on your noodle. Ryan WON, of course, with 11 points, Nae got 2nd with 6 points, and I got last place with a whopping TWO points. hehe. Which, I didn't get until my last turn. I have no idea how many rounds we did because we played FOREVER. But I ended with 2 points, a sunburn, a stiff neck, and hopefully lots of calories burned! I can't say I didn't have fun though! :)

Ryan is treating me to a fancy dance right now. I think I'll go and give him a kiss and see if he'll do anymore funny dances for me.

'Night night.

No comments:

Post a Comment