Upcoming Events!

November 22nd - Thanksgiving
December 8th - Christmas Party!
December 18th - Dad's Birthday
December 25th - Christmas
December 18th - New Year's Eve

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Waiting

Two weeks ago (from Monday) I went to the lab to get some bloodwork done. One of them was my normal labs which check for basic stuff, and the second one was a batch of blood that went out to IGeneX labs to test me for Lyme... again. My last test was kind of undetermined so they're checking me again upon my request. It's been over a year since my last lyme test. Anyway, they said it'd take two weeks, and the two week mark was two days ago. So today I decided to call them since I didn't hear from them yet. Basically I still don't have any news. They said they'd have my doc check on the results and get back to me. I will hopefully hear from them tomorrow since I didn't hear from them this afternoon/evening. I was pretty antsy about it the first week, and then I chilled out the 2nd week, but now I'm stuck wondering again! I want a diagnosis of some sort so that I have direction and I can look forward to healing (or if healing somehow isn't in my future, at least I can know that and cope with it and built my life around it).

Anyway! Another thing I'm waiting for is to get on with our lives. I think I'll always feel that way. I think as humans we're programed to never be satisfied with our lives on this earth so we'll always be looking for the next chapter. We find a great boyfriend, we want to get married, we get married, we want to do well well in our jobs, we want kids, we want a house, we want all of the conveniences and "treasures" on this earth. We have one kid, we want more. We have teenagers, we long for retirement. :) tee hee. No matter what, we want more, or less, or whatever is going to make us happy. And once we get that, it's not enough. There's always something to look forward to or something that will be "better" than our reality. Always. At least that's how I feel sometimes. I don't know about you...? Anyway, right now it's like... we're stuck.. happily married, yes, but what's next? Should we get a house? Have kids? Get a house and then have kids? And what about Ryan's job? Depending on changes with his job, we might be able to afford a better house or have kids sooner...?

Right now, this is basically what's up with Ryan's job: So, he got promoted to Assistant (to the) Manager of his department a while back. THEN his department manager stepped down, so now they don't HAVE a manager. In turn, he's been taking on a bunch of the manager responsibilities but 1, his pay hasn't changed, and 2, he's not sure how much power/responsibility he has and how much he should stay behind since he's still technically the assistant manager. But he's done quarterly reviews, he's given "awards", and he's been the mediator for a bunch of little jr. high fights that take place at work. :) So anyway, we're kind of wondering if they're going to actually hire a new manager or if they're thinking about promoting him again to department manager.

In the meantime we're just... yep, waiting. I'm having a feeling that I've basically blogged this exact story already, so if I have I'm sorry. But again, it's the story of my life so you'll probably hear it a lot if you're a reader of my bloggy!

Soooo. This weekend we have a 3 day weekend for the 4th of July but we don't have any plans! Some people would like the idea of no plans, but we're the type that will be boring allll weeeekkkeennnd and not make plans. WHAT should we do?

Rynie's birthday is in like 3 weeks! I don't know what I'm going to get him yet (besides a couple of little things). :( I realized that Teryn is the best person to ask since her husband Daniel and my husband Ryan like the SAME EXACT THINGS! Video games, magic, sports, etc. I forgot what else I was going to blog about so I guess I'll end this now. Sorry for the boring-ness!


Here's a cute dancing baby: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2zoRAASOE4 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment