Upcoming Events!

November 22nd - Thanksgiving
December 8th - Christmas Party!
December 18th - Dad's Birthday
December 25th - Christmas
December 18th - New Year's Eve

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Results

I hadn't heard from my doc still, so I emailed Mitch and his assistant Joanne to see if they had results. That way they could get back to me on their own time after they read the email (but they'd know that I'm still anxious about the results).

Joanne called me today and let me know what she knew, but I'll have to wait to see Mitch and the doc to get all of the info. Basically, my Lyme disease results from the IGeneX lab are coming back normal again. Lyme tests can be negative even if you have it (even multiple times) so it's not a "yes" for Lyme but that doesn't mean it's a definite "no" either. My 1st Lyme test came back kind of undetermined but technically "negative". This one is technically negative, too, but
I haven't talked to him about the details yet.

In addition to the Lyme test I got my basic labs done, too. One of them is pretty high. My CRP (C-Reactive Protien) level is rather elevated, which she explained to me basically means I have an infection (and/or inflammation) in my body... Could by lyme, could be something else. So that's what we're waiting to find out. It's pretty obvious that there's some kind of inflammation oing on in my body because I have pain, but from the outside my joints don't LOOK swollen or anything like that. At least as far as I can tell. And I remember when I used to see a rhematologist he'd physically check me for inflammation and I wasn't swollen. We'll have to see about an infection (maybe a lyme c0-infection like babesiosis or something...?) Inflammation could also be a sign of heart disease, auto-immune disease, or even cancer, etc. But I don't think I have heart disease or cancer because I believe they'd be able to tell in other previous test (like cholestorol & all of my normal blood tests. More obvious stuff would've popped up). On Tuesday I'm going to meet with Mitch and then we're both going to meet with my doctor to see where we're going to go from here. His assistant got back to me with what she could, but the docs will be able to tell me everything in more depth and start a plan with me for what to do next.

I'm glad something is showing up because I want 1, direction and 2, HEALING!!! But it sucks that it's kind of a vague sign and it could mean multiple things. I guess the docs will at least have some sort of direction for me. I don't want them (or myself) to give up until we figure it out, and then make a plan for healing.

Welp. That's it! Ryan got a new video game today. I'm sooo excited. (I'm sooo being sarcastic, btw).

NIGHT.

1 comment: