Upcoming Events!

November 22nd - Thanksgiving
December 8th - Christmas Party!
December 18th - Dad's Birthday
December 25th - Christmas
December 18th - New Year's Eve

Friday, August 14, 2009

Amoxicillin & Probenecid

I started two new meds today. Amoxicillin (the penicillin, finally) & Probenecid. I'm not quite sure exactly what probenecid is, but from what I've heard and read it basically just helps that amoxicillin work better and prolongs its effects. They had me sit in the hyperbaric office today for 45 mins when I took the meds for the first time. The guy who runs the hyperbaric chamber is also an EMT or something like that, so they wanted me to be there when he was there in case I did have any sort of allergic reaction to the meds such as respitory problems or anything like that. It all went well, and now it's been about 2 hours since I took it and I'm still feeling fine. No breathing issues, itchiness or rashes. YAYYYY!

When Ryan and I picked up the meds I kind of started laughing almost hysterically at the SIZE and dosage of the meds. WOW. I'm supposed to take two capsules of the amoxicillin three times a day (6 pills total) plus one capsule 3 times daily of the probenecid (3 more pills). INSANE! Plus, I took a picture of the bottle (right) compared to a NORMAL sized bottle (left) to show you why it made me laugh so hard. I think Ryan thought I was a little bit looney. But it's seriously like a flippin' flash light or something!



DANGGG!

Anyway, I'm hoping they work and make me all better. That would be sweet. :)

1 comment: