Upcoming Events!

November 22nd - Thanksgiving
December 8th - Christmas Party!
December 18th - Dad's Birthday
December 25th - Christmas
December 18th - New Year's Eve

Friday, August 14, 2009

My husband is THE BEST!

I'm not sure if it was Ryan or not... It looked like him.. sounded like him... but didn't exactly ACT like him. ;-) wink wink.

Last week he had to go to a work meeting in at their Sacramento office. I figured he'd be tired and I'd have to figure out something for dinner since usually when he's tired he doesn't want to go anywhere. When I got home from work he had gotten home about 10 mins before me. He gave me a big hug which is normal, and then asked what I wanted for dinner. He said "What do you want for dinner?" I said, "I don't know, what do you want?" (normal so far... now the weird part...) "I don't know, but you pick what you want and I'll cook it tonight". WHAAAAATTT????? I wasn't sure what he wanted or what he felt confident cooking so we tried something easy - tacos. But he wanted chicken tacos instead of beef ones. Sounded good to me but we didn't have chicken. He said he'd go to the grocery store to get what we needed. He never really likes grocery shopping. He didn't even make me go WITH him! While he was at the store getting our dinner ingredients he spotted some pretty pink flowers and thought "heck, I think I'll get those for Lyndsey". When he came home with flowers after offering to cook dinner I almost died and started to question if it was really him. Or maybe he had accidentally burned my shoe collection or something and was trying to butter me up before he told me?! Haha. I always tell him that flowers are simple, cheap and make me realllyyyyy happy. So if he ever wants to "suprise" me he just has to buy like 5 dollar flowers and I'll be stoked! Somehow, he doesn't really ever think of it unless it's a special occassion... birthday, anniversary, valentines day, etc. This time, dinner, grocery shopping AND flowers for no reason! Who was this guy? I still don't know exactly what got into him that day! He said that his work day was easy because most of it was just sitting in the car and he thought he'd try to cook dinner for once since he wasn't tired. He spotted the flowers at the store and thought to himself "She's going to think I'm crazy but I'm going to get those, too". :) It made me soooo happy! I'm blessed to have such a sweetie pie for a husband. Thanks for a special, out of nowhere type of day Ryan!!!


Is that RYAN cooking?!?!?!?!




My prettiful flowers. :) :) :)


Tonight we're going on a "date" to see The Time Traveler's Wife. I can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. daniel does that once in a while but he usually has ulterior motives if you know what I mean ;)

    ReplyDelete