Upcoming Events!

November 22nd - Thanksgiving
December 8th - Christmas Party!
December 18th - Dad's Birthday
December 25th - Christmas
December 18th - New Year's Eve

Monday, August 10, 2009

C.H.I.P. house & test...

A few weeks ago we got all of our paperwork together and sent in our application to hopefully recieve a chance to get a CHIP home. CHIP stands for Community Housing Improvement Program. Basically, they're building 6 homes this time in Chico. If we get the opportunity and get chosen for a house, we'll spend a certain number of hours a week (with help from friends/family, too! please!) helping to build the home. In turn, our "work" will go toward the down payment of the house, and the house will end up being much cheaper than a normal brand new house. I still have NO idea how much it will cost in the end, but I guess if we're approved then we'll find out all of the details. Hopefully if they're built before the year ends we might even qualify for the tax credit next year ($8000 bucks or something). We'll also probably end up applying for a first time buyers loan. We can probably get about 30,000 toward the home which would be payed back whenever we end up selling the house. That's pretty much how it works. Again, i don't know all of the details yet. It'd be pretty exciting to be chosen. Basically, a buunnnccchhh of people applied, and then they took out any applications that were incomplete/missing info. Ours was done correctly so we got put into the "lottery" style drawing along with all of the other people who had complete & correct applications. Then what they do is pull your application at random, and that is the order they review the applications. They then go through and toss people who don't qualify (I don't really know what makes you qualify and what doesn't), and move on through the line until they qualify 6 applicants. Our number is #20. The lady on the phone said that #20 isn't too bad. I've also heard that a TONNNN of people can be turned down so #20 isn't looking too bad. Still, ya never know! I really want to get it if it's going to be what's right for us. And I know it will happen if it's meant to be. It's going to definitely be in our prayers until we find out. I hope we find out SOON! :)

The other thing I'm waiting on is my penicillin allergy test. We FINALLY got it done. They ended up sending me to get a blood test instead of a skin test since I guess they don't perform those tests anymore at the allergists office in Chico. So I just went over to Quest to get more blood taken. The results were possibly going to be back today, but maybe not until tomorrow. If we find out I'm allergic to penicillin then they'll probably put me on an additional non-penicillin antibiotic for my possible Lyme. If I'm not allergic, they'll put me on a penicillin since I believe it works the best. I'm anxious to hear back about that so we can get started on more treatment. I REALLY want this to work. Looking toward the future with a house and good health seems realllyyyy nice. But I have no idea what is in store for us. I know that whatever happens is going to be okay whether I choose to believe that at first or not. The easy way would sure be a blessing though. :)

We're watching Lost over starting with Season 1. I love it! We actually just finished Season 1 yesterday so we'll be moving onto Season 2 sometime this week. It's addicting! But there are a lot of things I've forgotten so it's nice to watch it over again. It's making me not able to WAIT for season 6! But it's also a good time-filler (Lost "fix") until season 6 starts next YEAR. I'm mucho looking foward to it. I hope it's not a let down. The show has been SO good that you never know if they can make the ending match the rest of the show. But I think it has potential to be awesome.

I went to Upper Crust today to get a delish chicken ceaser salad that I got last week. They said it was just a "special" and they don't have it any more. :( It was sooo good! Dang it! I got a delicious sandwich instead, but STILL! :)

I need to not eat out every single day for lunch, so I'm thinking of just buying some turkey, wheat bread, and some other sandwich fixings and bringing them to work so that I can have sandwiches most days. And then if i get sick of it i'll let myself go get mexican food or salad or something else. I'm also going to try to stock up on some smart ones since some of them aren't too bad and it's a more controlled way to eat. We'll see what happens. I keep putting off losing weight until I feel better but I really shouldn't do that. I might not get better (and I'm STILL coming to terms with that). So I shouldn't put it off. I should do what I can do while I'm sick (which might not be WAY significant, but it's SOMETHING), and hopefully if I get better I can kick it into high gear. :) I need to concentrate on diet now with some exercise, and then diet AND exercise if/when I get better. I just need to be more diciplined all together.

Ugh, anyway. I best be going now. :) OH! But first, I must say, Carrisa's party was pretty fun even though I did totally BAD at Settlers this time. :( Ryan and Tammy each won. 'Twas a Bryson Bonanza. Anyway, I got to hold Nory a whole bunch and then Nae & Seth came with the boys so I got to hold Joey, too. He's my little guyyyyy! We got to play with James, too. He was in a pretty good mood until he found out they were leaving later in the evening. He's been going through a phase right now where he doesn't want hugs or kisses from me (or anyone I'm told). But I still tricked him into a few kisses. I hate that he's growing up! Dustin and Seth had fun messing with him, and he had fun too. :) "ah-din! ah-din!" (again! again!)

2 comments:

  1. that's how caden said again to..."ah-din! ah-din!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. how exciting for you and the house!! please let me know if there is anything i can do to help with the paperwork... or hammering and nailing :) i'll be praying that #20 becomes #1!

    ReplyDelete