Upcoming Events!

November 22nd - Thanksgiving
December 8th - Christmas Party!
December 18th - Dad's Birthday
December 25th - Christmas
December 18th - New Year's Eve

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day

I made my dad a mug at Glazed Creations for Father's Day! It says "The 'Stache" (short for mustache) on one side, and there is a painted mustache on the other side (so that when he holds it up to drink from, it's right under his nose where his real 'stache usually is.) So funny! :) Lynae had us and my parents over to their house to celebrate father's day. It was really nice. Nae made a delicious potroast and we had some of Sue's leftover potato salad too which was yummy. Lynae also made berry pie which we enjoyed with vanilla ice cream on top. YUMMM! She's a good house-wifey-mommy. I think making a pie and lunch for her (even with two babies!) is a fairly normal task but it probably feel like a long day to me. It would actually probably be really nice to do something like that here at our place. I think it comes naturally for Nae which is really cool. Ryan and I are pretty bad at planning and executing things. haha. Anyway, I'm proud of her and how her and Seth "run" their family. I know they make it by trusting in God and leaning on his love, grace, strength etcx100. :) It's hard to have a brand new infant AND a son with physical disabilities, and they still pull it off really well. :) The day was a good one and I hope my dad and Seth had a great father's day. Nae and the babies made Seth a nice card with Josiah's footprints and James' handprints and footprint. I think Seth really loved it. And it sounds like James had fun making it because he told us about it and seemed pretty proud of himself.

Here's some pics of the mug I made my dad, as promised. It also says "happy father's day" on the bottom which I didn't snap a picture of. I handed off fussy Josiah to Ryan while I snapped some pics and I could tell he probably wanted me to take him back asap. haha. Ryan is so cute with the babies and they seem to like him. I think he get's nervous (or maybe just bored?) but I don't know. Anyway, PICS:


























































So, not perfect but still pretty cute. I wanted to get a travel mug but they didn't have any left. Argh.
I got to hold Norah today in church and she was awake and sooo cute. She's still at the age where she makes funny faces (obviously not on purpose), just cuz she's looking around and learning the world. She's soooo cute and so tiny compared to Josiah who is basically the same age as she is. At Nae's I got to hold Josiah a lot, too. It was a great day! Babies everywhere! Oh, and I got to hold little Lucy, too! Wow, lots of babies. Another girl, Ashley, from our church is pregnant! They just told everyone yesterday and made little shirts with sonogram pictures on it to wear to church today. You can tell they're really excited. It feels like everyone just had babies but there's still a bunch on their way, too! It's crazzzzyyyy.

Sometimes I feel like we're missing the boat and other times I'm glad we're not just jumping on because everyone else is. I really, really just want to get better first. And I know it's not guaranteed, but it's worth giving it a shot while we have money and nothing else holding us "hostage" (house, kids, etc). Those things are wonderful things but I would definitely put them first before my health. They're expensive. haha. We really do want a house and we want babies too. It's just not time yet. It will be, hopefully not too extremely far in the future, but we're waiting til we feel sure about it instead of just hopping on board. I know it sounds like we're living in fear a little bit, and I do admit that's a small part of it, but I really just sort of have an "ideal" checklist in my head. And if my checklist doesn't work out, then we'll know, and we'll have to just do it anyway. But I honestly don't feel that nudge from God yet that it's time. We're still kinda young and I think we'll look back and just know that God's timing is better than ours. Heck, it might mean really soon without being better, and having to really really trust that God will give us His strength to get through it. It might mean we have to wait longer than we want to on His timing. Or it might just fit in perfectly with my "checklist". I have no idea. I guess we'll have to wait and see. I think if someone asks me when I'm going to have a baby I'm going to start saying "I'll let you know when I know". 'Cause I really DON'T know. Today I asked Ryan if being at Nae's house makes him want kids less or more. At first he didn't answer but later I bugged him for an answer and I think he settled on "both". I think I agree. Jamesie and Josiah bring me sooooo much joy. It also seems endlessly tiring and stressful. I KNOW that the benefits outweigh the negatives. I'm just explaining the "both" answer. :)

Anyway, I got Nory a cute little 80's inspired outfit that I have yet to give to her. It's a little jumpsuit in case she wants to go work out or go to the beach or something. HAHA!




















Last week we watched Carla & Tones' doggies, Cheetah and Daisy. I mean to take more pics but here's one I snapped of Cheetah "working" on one of our office chairs at work. Haha!





Well, we're probably going to bed soon-ish. I think I was more tired at like 5pm than I am right now but I guess we have to get up for the "W" word tomorrow (Work. bleh). 'Night!





No comments:

Post a Comment