Upcoming Events!

November 22nd - Thanksgiving
December 8th - Christmas Party!
December 18th - Dad's Birthday
December 25th - Christmas
December 18th - New Year's Eve

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Glazed Creations / Vacation

So, last Friday Robin and I got together after work and picked up our usual Thai dinner which is what we always get before we go to Glazed Creations (unless we decide to get Teaz Me, because the chocolate sin cake is irresistable). Then we headed over to glazed creations. We got there just after 6:00 and they were CLOSED! They're not supposed to close until 9:00pm on Fridays! We were sooo bummed. We just looked at the sign which read "we are sorry, we had to close at 6pm tonight" or something like that. We didn't know what to do! We held our Thai food bag in our hands and just pouted and looked in the window for a couple of minutes. We were so bummed and decided to take our food to the park and people watch instead. Rachel was on her way home from the bay area and was thinking about meeting us there, so I had to text her and tell her the bad news. We tried to set up going together the following day but neither of them could come. I decided to go the next day by myself. I would've invited another girl but most of my girl friends have brand new babies so it's hard to try to plan last minute things with them sometimes. But that's okay. I was able to take my time and not worry about rushing for someone else. I tend to like to do things by myself. :) It was still sucky though because girl nights are FUN and I like to see what the other girls make.

So, today was the day I was supposed to be able to pick up my "creation" which is my dad's father's day gift. Thursday after 4:00 (and they close at 6:00). Wellll, at 5:40 I saw a commercial about Father's Day which made me remember that I never picked up my stuff! So I called this time to make sure they were open and then I raced over there to get it because I didn't want to wait til tomorrow. Well, I got there and a girl was there as well as the owner. The girl looked around on one shelf forever, then on the other shelves, and then in the back room. Then the owner joined her in the back room to search for my item. They couldn't find it. They had me describe it a couple of times. The owner lady realized that she thinks that it was in the kiln right then which means it's not finished. Ugh! I was bummed. Again. So now she said I should call tomorrow night to see if it's done, and if not, it will be done by Saturday for sure. PSHHH! I want my studio fee refunded! Actually, Friday night's studio fee is only 5 bucks, and it's normally $9 on any other day. Since our night was ruined on Friday, on Saturday I asked if I could get the Friday night rate and they gave it to me. So that was good.

Anyway, next weekend my mom, Lynae and I are gettin' OUTTA HERE! :) We're taking a little mini-vaca to Roseville for shopping, possibly spa day, hanging out, going out to yummy dinners, possibly wine tasting on the way home, etc. I can't WAIT!!! If we do go to the spa there is this massage where the ladies pretty much WALK on your BACK and hold on to the two poles above them, ya know? I want it sooooo bad! It's on special this month at one of the spa's in Roseville for 15 bucks less than it usually is. I think I'm going to have to get it. Even though the massage, shopping, & eating will be fun, I'm mostly just excited about getting out of town. I've been craving a vacation even if it's a small one. Plus, I get to spend time with my Mom who I don't see as much as either of us would like, and Nae who is always fun to be with. Also, Josiah is going to come with us too so I get a whole weekend with the little cutie pie. I love him so much!

Speaking of Josiah, I really really miss my boys! :( I want to see Jamesie and Josiah soooo bad! Ryan has a game tomorrow so I was thinking of going to see the boys before the game but Lynae is going to magalia with Josiah and dropping off James with my mom around 6:00 and we don't get home until after 5. So that's not going to work. :( They're just so cute and I miss them lots.

Anyway, it's bed time and I should probably throw in a load of laundry beforehand, too.

'Night night!

No comments:

Post a Comment