Upcoming Events!

November 22nd - Thanksgiving
December 8th - Christmas Party!
December 18th - Dad's Birthday
December 25th - Christmas
December 18th - New Year's Eve

Monday, June 15, 2009

Vampires

I finally went and got my blood work done this morning. I went in last Thursday to get it done but they told me that for the blood work that goes to IGeneX (the lyme test) it has to be done on a Mon - Wed since they have to ship it out and don't want it to sit over the weekend. So, yesterday before church Carla and Tones brought the doggies by for us to doggie-sit over night while they went to Tahoe for a little anniversary trip. This morning I knew I had to get up early to get my blood work done, but I had to get up even earlier because I had to go from our house off of Eaton over to Mangrove to get the blood work, and then back home to get the doggies (since I didn't want them to sit in the car), and then go BACK accross town to work in downtown. It's not that big of a deal since I don't usually work until 10:00, so it's really not THAT early, but I'm still not used to it. Anyway, the labs they're doing this time is the Western Blot test or whatever through a lab called IGeneX. That one tests for Lyme. I've had it done before but it's probably been like a year and a half. They're also running my general labs again which does like a blood cell count, blood sugar, inflammation, cholesterol maybe? I don't know exactly. It's pretty basic stuff - about 5 different things. They'll be calling me probably by the end of the week if anything comes up on that one. The Lyme one will take more like 2 weeks for the results to come back. OMG, I've been praying and praying and asking Ryan to pray and pray for the blood results to tell us SOMETHING. I know, it's weird to wish for a diagnosis, but I want an answer. I'm sick whether I have a diagnosis or not, so I might as well know what it is and hopefully be able to get treatment for it, right? I'm starting to obsess over it and I need to chill out. It's hard because I want to get my hopes up because I believe that it's possible that an answer is right around the corner. But at the same time noooottthhhing in the past has given us concrete answers so I don't want to set myself up for disappointment. I guess I'll be disappointed whether I get worked up or not. I dunno. The "vampire" (aka phlebotomist) was a nice, pretty girl. I think she could tell I was a little bit nervous because I didn't really say more than 2 words to her and I kept glancing at the tubes and then looking away. Really, I get a bit nervous but it's not that bad. I just don't like to WATCH them do it. So I think that they think when I avoid looking at them or at my arm that I'm terrified or something. Haha! Sometimes I can hear it which is the grossest thing EVER, but I couldn't this time so that was good.

I went on a walk today by myself like a couple of hours ago and it gave me time to think. I don't get to do that often since when I'm not busy, I drown out my thoughts with TV or internet or whatever. But I've been thinking a lot lately about what has been mentioned in a few sermons recently & stuff. Basically: WHY am I so obsessed with what OTHER people think, when all I should be concerned how GOD sees me. I realized on my walk that it's not even intentional; we just do it naturally sometimes. One way we do it is by the way we casually talk with some people and we either omit certain things or add certain things. For example, you'd maybe say "God Bless" at the end of a letter to your Christian friend, but leave it off on a letter to a non-christian friend. Don't I want God to bless both my Christian AND non-Christian friends? Why would I leave it off of the note? "Oh, they might thing I'm weird." OR, why would I add it to the letter to the Christian friend? Sure, I wish Gods blessings on them. But am I saying it to make them somehow think I'm a more Godly person since I use His name in my closing? But we dont even think about it. It's just automatic sometimes. Leave out this word, add this phrase. Whatever. Maybe that's not even the gist of what i mean... just a tangent, really. All I know is that I care what other's think of me when I should be focusing on the fact that God loves me and sees me as a beautiful girl regardless of what I do or say. I dunno. I'm kind of rambling, aren't I?

On another note, watching the doggies was pretty fun! It went by fast and I think just one night was pretty suitable for us - especially for Ryan since he doesn't really like doggie sitting very much. The nice thing is that it was quick and the dogs are really well behaved. I brought them to work today and Cheetah got to play with Changey. It was really cute. Daisy's a big scaredy-cat.

Anyway, I'm getting tired and losing track of my thoughts. Ryan will be home any minute from his baseball game (I hope). I tend to NOT attend the 9:00 games, because, well, that's LAME! 'Night night everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment